The resources listed below are intended to improve your access to relevant Omaha System information, but not to endorse specific products, software, or courses. Click on the links, contact those involved, and evaluate what information matches your needs. The entries and links are not exhaustive; more are being added. Please email if you have (a) an addition to be considered, or (b) information to correct/update an existing entry.
Primary Omaha System Materials, Courses, and Conferences:
- 2005 Omaha System Book
- Martin KS. The Omaha System: A Key to Practice, Documentation, and Information Management (Reprinted 2nd ed., 2005). Omaha, NE: Health Connections Press. Includes the terms, definitions, and codes of the Omaha System, and describes how it is used in practice, education, and research settings nationally and internationally. Includes 18 case studies that illustrate application. 484 pages. List price $59.95.
- Omaha System Basic Workshops: For fliers and details email Karen Martin
- September 11, 2018: Otter Tail County Public Health Department, Fergus Falls, Minnesota
- September 12, 2018: City of Bloomington Public Health, Bloomington, Minnesota
- Additional workshop locations and dates will be announced; please let me know if you would like to host.
Data Analysis/Performance Reports/Courses/Products that Include the Omaha System:
The following agencies, schools/universities, and companies have given permission to be listed and appear alphabetically. Each has developed or is developing diverse examples of data analysis, performance reports, courses, and/or commercially-available products based on the 2005 version of the Omaha System. Each includes substantial Omaha System content. Contact them directly for details.
- Informatics Consulting and Continuing Education, LLC
- Weekend Immersion in Nursing Informatics (WINI) courses at various locations.
- Kitsap Public Health District, Bremerton, Washington
(for inquiries, please contact Yolanda Fong)
- Olmsted County Public Health Services, Rochester, Minnesota
(for inquiries, please contact Sadie Swenson)
- Omaha System Community of Practice (formerly, Minnesota Omaha System User’s Group)
- Omaha System networking forum open to all.
- Omaha System Guidelines
- Evidence-based care plans designed for clinical decision support and documentation.
- Omaha System Partnership for Knowledge Discovery and Health Care Quality
- Practice-based research network at UMN Center for Nursing Informatics.
- Pima County Health Department, Tucson, Arizona
(for inquiries, please contact Susanna K. Feingold)
- Wikipedia: Omaha System
Courses/Modules/Research/Case Studies/Clinical Experiences Developed by Schools/Universities that include the Omaha System:
Educators from the following schools/universities are members of the Omaha System Listserv and have given permission to be listed below; their schools appear alphabetically. Each has developed or is developing substantial and diverse courses/modules/research/case studies/clinical experiences based on the 2005 version of the Omaha System. (Associate, baccalaureate, masters, and doctoral degree nursing students are learning about the Omaha System as well as other disciplines.) Contact faculty members directly at the schools/universities for details.
- Auckland University Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
- California State University, Chico School of Nursing, Chico, California
- VID Specialized University, Campus Diakonova, Oslo, Norway
- Istanbul University Florence Nightingale School of Nursing, Sisli, Istanbul, Turkey
- Jacksonville University Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Sciences Keigwin School of Nursing, Jacksonville, Florida
- Kagawa Prefectural University of Health Sciences School of Nursing, Kagawa, Japan
- Lake Superior State University School of Nursing, Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan
- Lausanne School of Health Sciences, Lausanne, Switzerland
- Loyola University New Orleans School of Nursing, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Marywood University School of Health Sciences Department of Nursing, Scranton, Pennsylvania
- Metropolitan State University College of Nursing and Health Sciences, St. Paul, Minnesota
- Michigan State University College of Nursing, West Lansing, Michigan
- Minnesota State University Mankato School of Nursing, Mankato, Minnesota
- Minnesota State University Moorhead School of Nursing and Healthcare Leadership, Moorhead, Minnesota
- National Taiwan University School of Nursing, Taipei, Taiwan
- New Mexico State University School of Nursing, Las Cruces, New Mexico
- Presentation College School of Nursing, Aberdeen, South Dakota
- Rush University College of Nursing, Chicago, Illinois
- Seirei Christopher University School of Nursing, Hamamatsu, Japan
- Seoul National University College of Nursing, Seoul, Korea
- Simmons College, School of Nursing and Health Sciences, Boston, Massachusetts
- Southeast Missouri State University Department of Nursing
- Southern Connecticut State University Department of Nursing, New Haven, Connecticut
- St. Cloud State University Department of Nursing, St. Cloud, Minnesota
- Saint Francis University Department of Nursing, Loretto, Pennsylvania
- Tartu Health Care College, Tartu, Estonia
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University School of Nursing, Hunghom, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China SAR
- The University of Arizona College of Nursing, Tucson, Arizona
- The University of Texas at Austin School of Nursing, Austin, Texas
- Thomas Jefferson University School of Nursing, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Tianjin Medical University School of Nursing, Tianjin PR China
- Tokyo Women’s Medical University School of Nursing, Tokyo, Japan
- Universidad Popular Autonoma del Estado de Puebla (UPAEP), Puebla, Mexico
- University of California San Francisco School of Nursing, San Francisco, California
- University of Colorado at Colorado Springs Beth-El College of Nursing and Health Sciences, Colorado Springs, Colorado
- University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus School of Nursing, Aurora, Colorado
- University of Minnesota School of Nursing, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- University of Missouri School of Nursing, Columbia, Missouri
- University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Nursing, Omaha, Nebraska
- University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- University of Wisconsin-Green Bay College of Health, Education, and Social Welfare, Green Bay, Wisconsin
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee College of Nursing, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- University of Wisconsin-River Falls Department of Social Work, River Falls, Wisconsin
- Western Michigan University School of Nursing, Kalamazoo, Michigan
- Winona State University Department of Nursing and Health Sciences, Winona, Minnesota
- Wright State University College of Nursing and Health, Dayton, Ohio
- Yale University School of Nursing, New Haven, Connecticut
- York College of Pennsylvania Department of Nursing, York, Pennsylvania
Resources that Include the Omaha System:
The following companies and organizations (governmental and membership) offer information that includes the Omaha System. They are involved with automation, terminologies, standards, and/or quality improvement, and are listed alphabetically.
Resources Related to the Omaha System:
The following companies and organizations (governmental and membership) offer information related to the Omaha System. They are involved with automation, terminologies, standards, and/or quality improvement, and are listed alphabetically.