The resources listed below are intended to improve your access to relevant Omaha System information, but not to endorse specific products, software, or courses. Click on the links, contact those involved, and evaluate what information matches your needs. The entries and links are not exhaustive; more are being added. Please email if you have (a) an addition to be considered, or (b) information to correct/update an existing entry.
Primary Omaha System Materials, Courses, and Conferences:
- 2005 Omaha System Book
- Martin KS. The Omaha System: A Key to Practice, Documentation, and Information Management (Reprinted 2nd ed., 2005). Omaha, NE: Health Connections Press. Includes the terms, definitions, and codes of the Omaha System, and describes how it is used in practice, education, and research settings nationally and internationally. Includes 18 case studies that illustrate application. 484 pages. List price $59.95.
- Omaha System Basic Workshops and Pre-conference: For details email Karen Martin
- November 10, 2014: Catholic Health Care Services, Horsham, Pennsylvania (near Philadelphia)
- November 12, 2014: Riverside Health System Home Care Services, Newport News, Virginia
- February 5, 2015: University of Texas at Austin School of Nursing, Irving, Texas
- April 16, 2015: Pre-conference for Omaha System International Conference, Eagan, Minnesota
- More workshop locations and dates will be announced soon including Florida and other states.
Data Analysis/Performance Reports/Courses/Products that Include the Omaha System:
The following agencies, schools/universities, and companies have given permission to be listed and appear alphabetically. Each has developed or is developing diverse examples of data analysis, performance reports, courses, and/or commercially-available products based on the 2005 version of the Omaha System. Each includes substantial Omaha System content. Contact them directly for details.
Clinical Information System Software that is Based on the Omaha System:
The following companies and organizations, listed alphabetically, developed or are developing commercially-available computer software based on the 2005 version of the Omaha System. They have given permission to be listed. Their products are designed to support practice, documentation, and information management in service, education, and/or research sites. Their products, target and actual customers, prices, and length of time since the initial release are diverse. Contact them directly for details about their products.
Courses/Modules/Research/Case Studies/Clinical Experiences Developed by Schools/Universities that include the Omaha System:
Educators from the following schools/universities are members of the Omaha System Listserv and have given permission to be listed below; their schools appear alphabetically. Each has developed or is developing substantial and diverse courses/modules/research/case studies/clinical experiences based on the 2005 version of the Omaha System. (Associate, baccalaureate, masters, and doctoral degree nursing students are learning about the Omaha System as well as other disciplines.) Contact faculty members directly at the schools/universities for details.
- Auckland University Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
- Autonomous University of Morelos/Universidad Autonoma del Estado de Morelos, Cuernavaca, Mexico
- Autonomous University of Puebla/Benemerita Universidad Autonoma de Puebla, Puebla, Mexico
- College of St. Benedict/St. John’s University Department of Nursing, St. Joseph, Minnesota
- Diakonova University College, Oslo, Norway
- Duquesne University School of Nursing, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Istanbul University Florence Nightingale School of Nursing, Sisli, Istanbul, Turkey
- Lake Superior State University School of Nursing, Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan
- Loyola University Niehoff School of Nursing, Chicago, Illinois
- Michigan State University College of Nursing, West Lansing, Michigan
- Minnesota State University-Moorhead School of Nursing and Healthcare Leadership, Moorhead, Minnesota
- National American University School of Nursing, Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- Northwestern State University College of Nursing and Allied Health, Shreveport, Louisiana
- Olympic College Nursing Program, Bremerton WA
- Presentation College School of Nursing, Aberdeen, South Dakota
- Regis College School of Nursing, Weston, Massachusetts
- Saint Joseph’s College of Maine Department of Nursing, Standish, Maine
- Seoul National University College of Nursing, Seoul, Korea
- Southern Connecticut State University Department of Nursing, New Haven CT
- St. Mary’s University School of Nursing, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Tartu Health Care College, Tartu, Estonia
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University School of Nursing, Hunghom, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China SAR
- The University of Arizona College of Nursing, Tucson, Arizona
- The University of Texas at Austin School of Nursing, Austin, Texas
- The Valley Foundation School of Nursing at SJSU, San Jose, California
- Thomas Jefferson University School of Nursing, Philadelphia PA
- Tianjin Medical University School of Nursing, Tianjin PR China
- Unitec New Zealand School of Health Science, Auckland, New Zealand
- University of California San Francisco School of Nursing, San Francisco, California
- University of Colorado at Colorado Springs Beth-El College of Nursing and Health Sciences, Colorado Springs, Colorado
- University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus School of Nursing, Aurora, Colorado
- University of Minnesota School of Nursing, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- University of Missouri School of Nursing, Columbia, Missouri
- University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Nursing, Omaha, Nebraska
- University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee College of Nursing, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Western Michigan University School of Nursing, Kalamazoo, Michigan
- Yale University School of Nursing, New Haven, Connecticut
- York College of Pennsylvania Department of Nursing, York, Pennsylvania
Resources that Include the Omaha System:
The following companies and organizations (governmental and membership) offer information that includes the Omaha System. They are involved with automation, terminologies, standards, and/or quality improvement, and are listed alphabetically.
Resources Related to the Omaha System:
The following companies and organizations (governmental and membership) offer information related to the Omaha System. They are involved with automation, terminologies, standards, and/or quality improvement, and are listed alphabetically.